A Family Law Firm For Virginians Since 1978
Barnes & Diehl, P.C., occupies a respected position among peers for the highest level of service and skill of our lawyers and support staff. Our dedicated representation and consistent, personal service for clients in Richmond and throughout Virginia involve a comprehensive knowledge of Virginia family law and changing trends and strategies.
We focus clearly on the unique and individual needs of clients as they struggle with important, life-changing decisions.
Lawyers Practicing In A Full Array Of Family Law Areas
Our Chesterfield and Henrico family law attorneys offer committed representation in cases involving the following:
- Prenuptial and post-marital agreements clarifying expectations about property division in case of a split
- Divorce, whether contested or uncontested
- Distribution of debts and assets in divorce
- Complex and equitable distribution of marital property
- Business and tax issues in divorce
- Valuation of businesses and other assets
- Divorce for business owners
- Retirement plans and stock options
- Qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs) for dividing retirement funds
- Military divorce and retirement funds
- Military child custody and other children’s issues
- Divorce mediation, collaborative divorce and divorce settlement negotiations
- Child custody, visitation and other cases involving children
- Domestic violence and emergency orders of protection
- Same-sex marriages, domestic partnerships, child issues and more
We also assist clients with post-divorce estate planning as well as creating wills, trusts and other estate planning for same-sex couples and other clients.
Our Commitment: Meeting Needs
At Barnes & Diehl, P.C., we strive to provide all Virginia clients with the same high level of quality legal services. Our commitment to clients includes the following benefits:
- Comprehensive guidance from the initial consultation through the successful conclusion of your issue
- Personal attention from the attorney handling your case — not just a paralegal or office staff
- Clear communication and frequent updates so you understand your rights, your options and the consequences of your decisions
- The timely, cost-effective achievement of your legal goals through negotiation or aggressive litigation
Our compassionate family practice consists of attorneys and staff who are sensitive to your emotional, practical and legal needs
Contact Our Richmond Family Law Attorneys
Richmond families have looked to Barnes & Diehl, P.C., for aggressive representation and timely, cost-effective legal solutions related to family law for nearly 30 years.