Compassionate Divorce Representation From Start To Finish
A Virginia divorce will be decided according to due diligence and good faith negotiations. An attorney with a comprehensive understanding of Virginia law and well-developed interpersonal skills can help you identify and achieve your legal goals.
At Barnes & Diehl, P.C., we maintain two Richmond, Virginia, area offices to help clients secure timely and cost-effective resolutions to issues and disputes that arise when a married couple chooses to live apart and begin separate lives.
A Tradition Of Experience And Dedication To Family Law Issues
Even when a divorce is uncontested by both parties, you will still need a skilled legal advocate to properly draft, review and file all necessary paperwork to ensure that your rights are protected and that your agreements are legally sound. Consult with one of our attorneys regarding any of the issues below that your family law case involves.
- Divorce – contested and uncontested:
- Alimony or spousal support
- Asset protection and equitable distribution of assets in divorce
- Distribution of retirement plans and pensions, such as 401(k) accounts and individual retirement accounts (IRAs)
- Effects on a business and tax issues
- Debt allocation
- Child custody and support agreements
- Adoption issues, including stepparent adoption
Other areas of our practice may also meet your needs, as described below.
- Estate planning, wills and trusts: An estate plan after a divorce is a necessity to account for changing life circumstances and to clearly state your wishes related to assets and the care of minor children.
- Misdemeanor and felony criminal defense: We defend against charges related to accusations of domestic violence, child molestation or sexual assault, including false or retaliatory accusations intended to influence divorce and custody cases.
Alternative Dispute Resolution In Divorce
At the offices of Barnes & Diehl, P.C., you will find experienced Richmond, Virginia, divorce attorneys capable of aggressively representing our client’s interests at all levels of the state and federal courts. We are, however, strong advocates for mediation and other non-court solutions where appropriate.
In many cases, thoughtful negotiation can save you time, money and allow more flexible agreements than what might be mandated by the courts.
Contact A Divorce Lawyer
Since 1978, Barnes & Diehl, P.C., has helped families in Richmond and throughout Virginia struggling through a divorce to avoid issues and find closure. If you are considering a divorce or have been served with divorce papers. reach out to a divorce attorney at our offices in Richmond/Chesterfield and Henrico today for a comprehensive review of your rights and responsibilities.